Monday, March 9, 2009

Good times at the White Swan

Hi Friends,

We are enjoying our stay at the White Swan with so many other families who are adopting. Everyone but me went to the jade and pearl market today and had a good time. Tonight, we took a river boat cruise down the Pearl River. Very impressive.

Colin is doing better every day and can say several words in English. He greets everyone with "Good Morning" ....at all times of day. It was such a help to have our Chinese friends here to interpret for us and to work with him. He really took up with Hans and a new friend from France, Jerome (who is married to a new friend from China). They gave us a much needed break by babysitting for us. They will be such great parents.

My trip with Hans and Faith was wonderful. I had no idea how impacted I would be by those I met. I stayed in the home of a company director who has fallen in love with God. His story is one that could have been written in the book of Acts and despite facing many challenges and threats, he continues to lead. He is bucking thousands of years of Chinese culture by leading out of respect rather than leading out of fear. Few people have my admiration as much as this man, who when in his late 50's was willing to change and lead others into this change. I look forward to sharing his story when in Austin. Sam, Doug and Wesla, and Andy and Kathy are all visiting him next week.

Hans and Faith rock! They are doing so well and are full of joy. The most joyful I have ever seen them. I visited their apartment which is plenty big for a child (and very nice). I pr they will be so blessed. We all were surprised at how familiar we were....it seemed as if we see each other every week. We had good fun and productive work. I liked their city which is clean and beautiful, very tropical, and not so big. It was especially good to see Faith in good health as we have worried about and pr for her much.

I was given a Chinese name and will share it whenever I can figure it out!! :) I shared much about adoption and can see the beginning fruit. I understand things are going well at the Bridge and received updates on all of our friends. My only regret for this trip is that we will not make it to X town, to see these folks as well as 4 fish and others. It is a deep regret.

Colin is sitting in bed "reading" a book next to Chrissy. He has bonded most with her but also with the rest of us. Mia is just her normal wonderful self and she and Madeline have really enjoyed the time together. Anne is content and "taking to" be the mama of a boy. He if playful with her and she is worried about him (too close to this, be careful with that, get down from there)....typical mama stuff. She did ask that I explain to him how to aim a little better and to put the seat up and down. :) This is all new stuff for us.

I will ask Chrissy to download pictures soon. Madeline and I are headed to the day market tomorrow. Thank goodness $100 yuan = only $14!!

Press on,

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment